Masterbuilt Front Controller Smoker Review
This is one of the bigger electric smokers Masterbuilt has produced. It features an impressive 975 square inches of cooking space. If you’re planning a weekend with a lot of your friends, this is the perfect thing for you. It will cook and smoke enormous amounts of meat. In the old days, smoking meat wasn’t easy.
There were no digital controls, no custom wood chips, and no precise thermostats. Luckily, nowadays it’s quite different. The market is flooded with a large choice of electric smokers. Although it’s good to have a big choice, it’s also a burden because people find it hard to make the right decision.
That’s why we’re here. We will pay attention to the features and technical details of this unit so you can make your decision with ease. Be sure to read this article to get an insight into the full benefits and features of this electric front controller smoker.
This smoker has almost everything you need feature-wise, but you need to pay attention to the size of it. You don’t want to end up with a massive electric smoker without a place to store it. That said, let’s see how this device performs and what does it have to offer.
System for the Wood Chips
The first thing you’ll notice is the smooth loading system for the wood chips. It’s on the side of the unit, so you don’t have to open the smoker to change the wood chips. This way you won’t jeopardize the internal temperature by opening the door and also the smoke will stay inside at all times.
It also has a front access drip pan and a drip catching system for easy cleanup. Drip pan helps you collect the grease and fat dripping from the meat and use that for, let’s say, making a delicious sauce with a smoky touch.
Four Chrome-Coated Racks
Masterbuilt Front Controller Smoker has four chrome-coated racks. Although this is pretty standard, there are smokers on the market with only three racks, so it’s a feature worth mentioning. You can smoke and cook various types of meat in this unit.
Everything from salmon to the whole turkey is an easy task with this product. However, if you don’t have enough space for a whole bird, remove the top rack, and you should be okay.
The Benefits and Tips
- The first obvious benefit is the size and ease of use. As we said, it can cook up to one hundred pounds of meat because of its massive 975 square inches cooking space. You won’t lack smoked meat if you decide to purchase this product, that’s a guarantee.
- The other thing is the mobility. Although it seems like a heavy and large unit, it comes equipped with four wheels and back handles for easy transportation. So, it doesn’t matter that it’s huge; it can be moved by a single person with ease.
- The adjustable door latch helps retain heat and smoke. It’s also well insulated and keeps the heat in quite nicely. In simpler words, it’s sealed well, and it maintains the internal temperature without breaking a sweat.
- The window, on the other hand, got some mixed reviews from people who bought this unit. Some think it’s an amazing asset because it gives a lot of information, while others think it’s purely cosmetic. We think it’s not necessarily great, but it’s useful. Having the ability to check out the meat without opening the smoker is rare today, so overall, the window will come in handy sometimes.
- The only downside is the cleaning of the window. It can sometimes be a real pain in the back rubbing the grease from the window.
Overall, if you have a big family or a large group of friends who love smoked meat, feel free to purchase this unit. The remote controller and the simplicity will pleasantly surprise you. Even though it looks like a complicated piece of hardware, it’s pretty straightforward.
As far as prices go, it can be considered affordable due to its amazing features. It’s not the cheapest smoker on the market, but it’s worth every penny. There are better smokers available on the market, but there are also a lot of worse ones as well. This one stands in the middle.